ABOUT DR. BONNIE
Get to know Dr. Bonnie Lyon
Dr. Bonnie’s says, “Life Doesn’t Have to Be Perfect to Be Wonderful.”
Dr. Bonnie Lyon has earned the name “The Obstacle Tamer,” with good reason. “Dr. Bonnie” helps individuals and couples maximize their success potential with her tried and true, yet surprisingly fresh approach. Dr. Bonnie knows how to deliver the results her clients are seeking in their lives. Over a lengthy career, Dr. Bonnie’s message has reached thousands of people, stimulating their personal and professional growth. Her dynamic presentation style is sprinkled with humor, loaded with empowerment strategies and weighted with the thought provoking substance needed for “Taming the Obstacles” we all face in life.
Dr. Bonnie holds a B.A. in psychology from Brigham Young University, Master’s Level Training in Clinical Psychology and Master’s certification in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) from Chapman University in Orange, CA and she has a DCH, doctorate degree in Clinical Hypnotherapy from the American Institute of Hypnotherapy of Los Angeles, CA.
By providing counseling that’s straight from the heart, Dr. Bonnie takes the sterile, clinical approach to talk therapy and turns it on its head. After all, who would you rather talk to about your toughest issues, a trusted friend or someone in a white coat? Dr. Bonnie sits her clients in a cozy chair, pours them a cup of tea, hands them a home-baked cookie then guides them as they reach deep within themselves. The doors to healing spring open under Bonnie’s gentle but relentless pursuit. Dr. Bonnie knows what’s needed to evoke comfort and trust between herself and her clients so she can steer them to that place deep within themselves where real change can take root.
Read about Bonnie in the Central Coast Bulletin
Dr. Bonnie’s Career Highlights:
- Book: Through the Tunnel: Unlock the Pain of Your Past and Find the Courage to Grow Up, Not Just Old. Launched February of 2018, this is Bonnie’s well anticipated book answering her client’s call to “put her brain on paper.” The book is written especially for women and emphasizes that hope and healing are achievable regardless your life circumstances.
- Book: Love Shouldn’t Hurt: Love should heal not hurt! This anthology case studies and analysis will help you to take back control of your life. (Published 2017)
- Dr. Bonnie’s lectures were included in the “Great Speakers Anthology” book series.
- Radio: She’s hosted the weekly 60-minute radio talk show entitled Picking Up the Pieces, KVEC, San Louis Obispo, and has been a guest on numerous nationally syndicated radio talk shows. She produced the show Girl Talk, which aired in Southern California. Dr. Bonnie has been a frequent guest on KPRL, Paso Robles Central Coast Sound-Off, a show dealing relationship issues.
- Speaking, Workshops, Retreats and Seminars